Anne Marie Smith, Ph.D.
Measuring the Pulse of Information Management and Governance
Anne Marie Smith, Ph.D. is a highly acclaimed data management professional, consultant, author and speaker in the fields of data stewardship and governance, data warehousing, data modeling, project management, IS strategic planning and metadata management. She holds a doctorate in Management Information Systems, and is a certified data management professional (CDMP) and project management professional (PM). Anne Marie has been a consultant in data management for organizations across many industries and she has taught in LaSalle University’s and Rowan University’s Management Information Systems departments. Anne Marie serves on the board of directors of DAMA International and is on the faculty of Northcentral University. Anne Marie is a columnist for the EIM Insight journal and can be contacted at
Articles Written by this author:
- “You Can’t Improve What You Have Not Assessed” – Justification to Perform an Enterprise Data Management Assessment
- “Rules?” – The Role of Data Governance in Business Rules
- Small Businesses Need Education in EIM
- Enterprise Information Management Maturity: Data Governance’s Role
- Developing a Meta Data Strategy – Data Governance’s Role
- Data Governance As Data Quality Improvement Vehicle
- Data Governance As Part Of A Data Warehouse Initiative
- Gaining Executive Support for Data Governance
- Keep It Simple!
- “Houston, We Have A Problem” – Why Data Governance Programs Fail